Thursday, November 19, 2009

RAISE Texas

Thanks to Don Baylor at the Center for Public Policy Priorities for inviting me to speak at the RAISE Texas summit held earlier this week at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. I don't know much about asset building strategies, so it was a wonderful education opportunity for me. The connection to economic and workforce development is a story that needs telling. I covered a few trends in my presentation that hopefully helped shape the breakout group discussions at the conference, which included demographic information on unemployment insurance claimants during the recession, education requirements for future job growth, and why we all need to be thinking about how to spur innovation in the service sector. You can download a PDF copy of my short presentation here. Brian Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment